AND, now they will allow overage - meaning if there is a really good sale and you have a really good coupon, you could LITERALLY be PAID to take items home. In cash. Or in $ towards the rest of your bill. WAHOO!
I believe they will also price match for same items, or will price match generic brands if they have the exact item in their brand. Good savings come from knowing store's policies!!
Here is the policy:
Walmart Coupon Policy
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):
- Manufacturers' coupons
- Print-at-home internet coupons
- Must be legible, have "Manufacturer Coupon" printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
- Competitors' coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called "Catalinas") that are printed at our competitors' registers, have "Manufacturer Coupon" with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
- Competitors' coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction